November 28 2016

1st instalment of 2017 provisional tax

(June balance date).


January 16 2017

2nd instalment of 2017 provisional tax

(March balance date except for those who pay provisional tax twice a year).

read more

How much rent should I charge?

IT is always difficult to know, if you own a rental property, how much to charge.


Go to you will get some figures of average rents in various areas throughout the country.


We hope this helps.


read more

Always check your ACC account

YOUR ACC account could easily be wrong. Always check it. 


Typical areas where the wrong premium can be charged include:


  • Selecting the wrong industry for your type of work.

read more

How to reduce bad debts

PREVENTION is better than cure when reducing the number of bad debts.


read more

Computer backups

HERE’S a checklist to help you keep your data safe:


read more

Voluntary withholding agreements

SOME contractors don’t have to have withholding tax deducted from their income. As a consequence, they have substantial provisional tax liabilities. Some people prefer to have some tax deducted as they go. It's proposed that from 1 April 2017 they will be entitled to require the payer to deduct withholding tax at a rate they choose, so long as it's at least 10%.

read more

Contractors to labour hire firms

IF you contract to a firm hiring labour, from 1 April 2017, the withholding tax deducted from your income will be at the rate of 20%.


read more

Get the flight right

BE careful when booking flights on line. 


read more
Subscribe to RSS - blogs